Lane Cove, Sydney NSWView in Google Map
"Professional information & memberships:
- Registered occupational therapist with AHPRA. Registration number OCC0001718954
- Approved case manager with Lifetime Care
- NDIS registered (Therapeutic Supports)
- Member Occupational Therapy Australia
- FIM Credentialed
- Specialised for past 14 years in neurology and neurological rehabilitation, particularly working with clients within the community with acquired and mild-very severe traumatic brain injuries.
- Assessment, program planning, goal setting and implementation of rehabilitation programs,closely working with families, interdisciplinary teams, carers and community agencies.
- Functional cognitive and community based living skills assessments, program planning.
- Upper limb rehabilitation and incorporation of programs into functional activities of daily living.
- Equipment and home modification prescription for people with a range of disabilities.
- Occupational therapy student supervision.
- Case Management for clients with a traumatic brain injury.
- 2014 – Current: OT Connect - Occupational Therapist and Rehabilitation Case Manager
Community brain injury rehabilitation in either occupational therapy role or as a case manager for clients with disabilities. Specialist skills for working with clients with complex cognitive, physical,communication, behavioural and/or mood difficulties as a result of an acquired or traumatic brain injury. Collaborative and consultative programs as part of interdisciplinary teams, and working with a range of community agencies. Client directed programs that include goal setting, devising and implementing treatment programs, home and community based intervention and writing of professional reports.
- 2011 – Current: Contractor with Everyday Independence – Occupational Therapist and Rehabilitation Case Manager
Medicolegal assessments and reporting, as well as community brain injury rehabilitation for clients with complex cognitive, physical, communication, behavioural and/or mood difficulties as a result of their acquired or traumatic brain injury. This role also includes goal setting, writing ofprofessional reports and liaison with other health professionals and community agencies.
- 2003 – 2011: Transitional Living Unit and Community Rehabilitation Team for people with acquired brain injury
Coordinator of specialised short-term residential independent living programs and provision of specialised occupational therapy services to residents as well as clients within the community with a traumatic or acquired brain injury. Advanced practice skills to address complex cognitive,physical, communicative, behavioural and mood difficulties faced by these individuals.Coordination of and liaison with multidisciplinary teams, families, carers and external agencies.
- 1997 - 2002: various occupational therapy roles in hospitals in Sydney & UK
Delivery of neurological rehabilitation programs for inpatients with neurological, acquired and traumatic brain injuries. Provision of complex assessments, rehabilitation, and aids or adaptations in promoting independent living skills, and towards enabling safe discharges home.Liaison and coordination with multidisciplinary teams, medical and allied health services at discharge, external agencies, families/carers.
Experience across a range of clinical areas including inpatient medical/surgical, orthopaedic,neurosurgery, neurology and rehabilitation. Provision of assessment, treatment and the implementation of programs to promote functional independence and safe discharges home,while working within multidisciplinary teams.
Functional, home and community assessments for inpatients with orthopaedic injuries,medical/surgical, acquired or chronic neurological conditions. Promoting functional independence and facilitating a safe discharge home."