Safety and the importance of culture
A safer workplace starts with a good culture. Values and attitudes in the workplace can impact on health and safety behaviours, which in turn can impact on injury and illness in the workplace. While its not the only aspect of the work environment that needs attention, it is a critical layer of defence for preventing workplace injuries.
A culture survey is widely accepted as the best analytical approach to understanding workplace culture. The survey, developed by icare and validated by Griffith University, asks a series of questions that measure culture across five areas of your business:
- interpersonal relationships
- guidelines, procedures and resources
Your Injury Prevention Specialist will work with your business to facilitate the survey. You will be provided with a personalised culture dashboard with the results, which we will help you understand and use to form the basis of a culture change program.icare Culture Survey (PDF, 0.1 MB)
Why Protect Together?
- Access to diagnostic tools - to help you understand what work can be done to improve injury prevention at your workplace.
- Access to subject matter experts - to work with you to design an improvement plan for injury prevention.
- An action plan - we'll work with you to create an injury action plan using the insights from the diagnostic process.
- Ongoing mentoring - we'll partner with you over the next 12 to 24 months to help you achieve your goals.
Want to know more?
Contact your Injury Prevention Specialist directly or send us an email to email@example.com.