Complaints and feedback: Lifetime Care participants and Workers Care workers

We’re here to help and we value what you have to say about the quality of our service. If we’ve exceeded your expectations, or we haven’t met them, we hope to hear from you straight away.

If you’re a Lifetime Care participant or a worker in the Workers Care Program, and you wish to make a complaint, please let your icare contact know. They may be able to sort out your concerns immediately.  

Providing feedback or complaints will not affect your relationship with us or the services we pay for. If you’d prefer to speak to someone other than your icare contact, you can phone icare on 1300 738 586 and our staff will direct you to someone who can help you.

You can also fax, email or post your feedback to us or alternatively, you can fill out an online feedback or complaints form.

Your privacy

We want to improve the quality of our service, so we’ll record your feedback for training purposes. If you’d prefer that we didn’t record your feedback or you wish to remain anonymous, please let us know and it won’t be included in our records.

The difference between a complaint and dispute


A complaint can be made by anyone and can be about:

  •  any aspect of Lifetime Care or Workers Care Program
  • the level of service provided to you
  • the services we pay for.


A dispute is resolved in a different way to a complaint.

For Lifetime Care - a dispute can be lodged when you disagree with a decision we’ve made about your eligibility for the scheme or your treatment and care needs. For more details on what you can dispute under Lifetime Care, go to eligibility disputes or treatment and care needs disputes.

For Workers Care Program - a dispute can be lodged when you disagree with a decision we’ve made about your medical, hospital or rehabilitation treatment. For more details on what you can dispute under Workers Care, go to what you can dispute.

    Complaints and feedback process

  • Assistance with making a complaint

    You’re welcome to ask a family member, friend, representative or advocate to talk to us on your behalf. We have several impartial and external support and advocacy service providers who can assist you in navigating the complaint process. See our Advocacy page, or download our information sheet below.

    You can make a complaint in your preferred language too. Let us know if you’d like to use an interpreter to speak to us, or if you’d like any documents translated.

    If you need a translator, you can call Associated Translators and Linguists on 02 9231 3288 and they can call us using a translator on your behalf.

  • Responding to your complaint

    We aim to get back to you within two business days of receiving your feedback. If we need more time to look into an issue you’ve raised, we’ll let you know our plan and keep you updated.

    You can also give anonymous feedback; however, we won’t be able to tell you of the outcome or any action we have taken.

  • What to do if your complaint isn't resolved

    Our Scheme Integration and Resolution team can review your complaint if you’re unhappy with the response you receive.

    You can ask your icare contact to refer you to a customer resolution advisor or call our switchboard on 1300 738 586 to be put through to a customer resolution advisor.

    We aim to contact you within two business days to discuss your complaint and your desired outcome. We’ll provide you with a written response within 20 business days. This response will explain the outcome and any actions we’ve taken. Also, we’ll keep you updated on our progress if there are delays in receiving important information, or in responding to you.

  • Contact us
    We would like to know the feedback on your experience with our service, whether it is a compliment or a complaint. To provide any type of feedback, you can contact us on the details below:

    Phone and fax for Lifetime Care and Workers Care
    Phone (switchboard): 1300 738 586 (for the cost of a local call)
    Fax: 1300 738 583

    Address your post to:
    Scheme Integration and Resolution team
    Lifetime Care and Workers Care Program
    GPO Box 4052
    Sydney, NSW 2001

    Email Lifetime Care at
    Email Workers Care Program at
    You can also email us through online forms for complaints and feedback.
  • Make a complaint to the NSW Ombudsman or Independent Review Office

    You can take your complaint to the NSW Ombudsman at any time.

    If you’re in the Workers Care Program, you can also take your complaint to the Independent Review Office at any time.