CTP Care will provide payment for your treatment and care if you meet the following criteria:
- you were injured in a motor accident in NSW from 1 December 2017
- you have ongoing entitlement to treatment and care under a NSW CTP claim
- after five years you will continue to have a treatment and care need due to the motor accident injury.
If you meet this criteria, then CTP Care will take over the payment of your reasonable and necessary treatment and care from your CTP insurer .
CTP Care is a program administered by the Lifetime Care and Support Authority in the NSW Motor Accidents Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Scheme under the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 and is regulated by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA).
What services can CTP Care pay for?
We can pay for reasonable and necessary treatment and care services that relate to your motor accident injury.
Services may include but are not limited to:
- medical treatment – including your GP visits
- pharmaceutical items
- exercise physiology
- travel to and from approved appointments.
When you are supported by CTP Care, you are at the centre of all planning and decision-making about the services you receive and how they're delivered.
Our decision-making is guided by the same Motor Accident Guidelines and Motor Accident Injuries Act, 2017 used in the NSW Motor Accidents CTP Scheme.
How to access CTP Care
For general information and support about your CTP claim contact the SIRA help centre, CTP Assist by:
Phone: 1300 656 919
Website: CTP Assist on the SIRA website
If you have any further enquiries, please contact CTP Care directly.