CTP Care will provide payment for your treatment and care if you have been injured in a motor accident in NSW and you meet all these criteria:
- the accident took place from 1 December 2017
- you have ongoing entitlement to treatment and care under a NSW CTP claim
- if, after five years, you will continue to have a treatment and care need due to the motor accident injury.
If you are eligible, then CTP Care will take over from your CTP insurer the payment of your reasonable and necessary treatment and care.
CTP Care operates under the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 and is regulated by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA).
How to access CTP Care
CTP Care will commence on 1 December 2022. If your treatment and care needs can be met by CTP Care, your CTP insurer will contact you.
Some people may transition to CTP Care earlier. You will only transition early if both you and your CTP insurer agree.
Your CTP insurer may contact you about an early transition to CTP Care if you:
- were injured in a motor accident in NSW from 1 December 2017
- have an ongoing entitlement to treatment and care under a NSW CTP claim
- are likely to have ongoing treatment and care needs.
If you agree, your CTP insurer will discuss your possible early transition with CTP Care. CTP Care will send you written confirmation if you’re suitable for early transition.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact CTP Care directly:
Phone: 1300 738 586
GPO Box 4052
Sydney NSW 2001
To find out more about the NSW CTP Scheme please visit the SIRA website.
You can also contact CTP Assist for general information and support relating to your CTP claim:
Phone: 1300 656 919