How to request services on behalf of an injured person

Download request forms and find out how to request services on behalf of an injured person.

Request services - CTP Care

Request services - Lifetime Care/Workers Care

How to request services on behalf of a Lifetime Care participant and a worker in Workers Care

We pay for treatment, rehabilitation and care for people who have been severely injured either in a motor accident or a workplace in NSW; and have been accepted as a participant in the Lifetime Care and Support Scheme or a worker in the icare Workers Care Program.

The treatment, rehabilitation and care needs of severely injured people are complex, often needing treatment from multiple service providers.

Most participants and workers have a case manager who is responsible for coordinating their treatment, rehabilitation and care services.

Getting services approved

icare has a ‘Fast Track’ approval process for simple and low risk requests for services for Lifetime Care participants and workers in the Workers Care Program.

There are eight types of Fast Track services that can be requested via email or phone call to an icare coordinator with no need to submit a form.

These are outlined in our Fast Track information sheet (PDF, 0.11 MB).

All other requests for services and equipment for a severely injured person need to be submitted to us on the correct form.

Services we pay for need to be pre-approved. They are usually organised and requested as part of a plan by a case manager, who is the primary point of contact for other service providers.

If you're an individual service provider, such as a physiotherapist or occupational therapist, you should contact the case manager to inform them of the injured person’s needs, and the types and amounts of services they require to meet their ongoing goals.

These services can be requested as part of their plan.

If the injured person doesn't have a case manager, you can contact an icare coordinator to request these services.

Invoicing and payment for services

Requests should include the payment codes for the treatment, rehabilitation or care service being requested.

Download the payment codes (below) or go to the Invoicing and payment for services page for more information.