Access to information
A wide variety of information is available for the public to access. Details of how to access that information is listed on this page.
The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) gives you the right to access government information you ask for, unless there is an overriding public interest against release.
If you can't find the information you're looking for, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I access information held by icare?
There are four pathways to access information:
- open access information
- proactive release
- informal request
- formal access application.
Open access information
Under the GIPA Act, certain information is required to be made available on our website, free of charge which is called "open access information".
Agency Information Guide
The Agency Information Guide (PDF 0.3 MB) is a guide to icare's functions and organisational structure.
Documents tabled in Parliament
Documents are available on the Parliament of NSW website. Currently the only documents tabled are icare's Annual Reports.
The Public Access Disclosure Log (PDF 0.2 MB) is a list of information we've released that may be of interest to the public. You can access this information by emailing email@example.com.
icare policy documents
- Procurement Policy 0.33 MB(pdf)
- Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy 0.11 MB(pdf)
- Discrimination Harassment and Bullying Policy 0.12 MB(pdf)
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy 0.11 MB(pdf)
- Grievance Handling Policy 0.21 MB(pdf)
- Conflicts of Interest Policy 0.18 MB(pdf)
- Gifts and Benefits Policy 0.17 MB(pdf)
- Reporting Wrongdoing Policy 1 MB(pdf)
- icare Pricing Policy 0.09 MB(pdf)
All contracts over $150,000 must be disclosed.
icare's Contracts Register can be accessed by visiting the NSW Government eTendering Contracts Register Search page.
- ALZ - Nominal Insurer Claims Service Provider Contract - Execution Version Redacted 8 MB(pdf)
- DXC - Nominal Insurer Claims Service Provider Contract - Execution Version Redacted 7 MB(pdf)
- EML - Nominal Insurer Claims Service Provider Contract - Execution Version Redacted 7 MB(pdf)
- GBS - Nominal Insurer Claims Service Provider Contract - Execution Version Redacted 7 MB(pdf)
- GIO - Nominal Insurer Claims Service Provider Contract - Execution Version Redacted 7 MB(pdf)
- QBE - Nominal Insurer Claims Service Provider Contract - Execution Version Redacted 7 MB(pdf)
Open access information not publicly available
Sometimes we may decide not publish certain information. If this happens, we will make a record of the decision and publish it here.
We publish a large range of information on this website. Use the search function at the top of the page to find information or check our our News and stories page for the latest updates about icare.
Our Proactive Release Strategy (PDF 0.1 MB) sets out our plan to ensure that we regularly publish information that is of interest to the public.
Let us know if you can't find the information you're looking for by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the information you are after has not already been published, we may be able to release it to informally.
You can informally request information by emailing us at email@example.com.
In some cases, we may require you to lodge a formal access application. For example:
- If there are significant public interest considerations that need to be considered in deciding whether the information can be released.
- If you request a large volume of information.
- If it would take a significant amount of time to consider and respond to your request.
Formal access application
If the information you are looking for is not available in any of the ways outlined above, you may need to make a formal access application.
Please complete the GIPA Access Application Form (PDF, 0.2 MB) then send your completed form along with the $30 application fee (cheque or money order payable to icare) to:
Government Information (Public Access) Officer
GPO Box 4052 Sydney
To ensure you get the information you need, please be as specific as possible. For example, if you know the date or title of the document, claim number, participant number, date of injury, employers name, scheme agent you want, include this information on your application form.
Please contact the GIPA Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about lodging an application.
When will the outcome of my application be decided?
We will write to acknowledge receipt of your application within 5 working days.
We'll let you know of a decision about your application in 20 working days unless you agree to extend the time. We may extend the processing time by 10 working days (to a maximum of 15 days) if we need to consult with a third party or access records from archives.
Review of decisions (Internal Review)
If you are unhappy with our decision you have the right to request an internal review of that decision.
The application fee to have a decision reviewed is $40 except where the review arises because the application was not decided within time or the review is recommended by the Information Commissioner.
There is no additional processing charge for reviews of decisions.
To request a review of a decision, complete the GIPA Internal Review Application Form (PDF, 0.1 MB).
Find out more about your review rights from the Information and Privacy Commission website.