You may be owed money for your workers compensation claim

Did you receive weekly workers compensation payments after October 2012? You may be owed money and can have your payments reassessed.

Digital Payments only

From 1 July 2024, we're making changes to how we pay our claims.

To better support those we serve with faster payments, we are moving to Digital Payments (EFT), meaning Cheques will no longer be issued.

To update us with your EFT/Bank Details, please complete the form and return it to your Claims Service Provider or contact us on 13 77 22 between 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday for support.

When were you injured?

I was injured on or after 1 October 2012 and before 21 October 2019

You must have notified your insurer of a workplace injury on or after 1 October 2012, and the date of your injury must be before 21 October 2019 to register for reassessment using our online form.

I was injured on or after 21 October 2019

For injuries notified on or after 21 October 2019, we encourage you to speak with your claims manager and ask them to reassess your weekly benefit payment. If you are unsure who your claims manager is, please contact us on 13 77 22.

If you still believe your weekly benefit is wrong following reassessment, you are entitled to ask for a formal review, either via your claims manager or you can go to the Personal Injury Commission (PIC). You can go to the PIC directly, or with assistance from your lawyer. For more information, go to the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) website.

Please note this reassessment does not apply to claims made, and for weekly payments commenced, prior to 1 October 2012. Prior to this date weekly payments were all deemed to have the same legislated 'transitional rate'.

Do you need help?

If you need help or would like to speak with an icare representative about seeking a reassessment of your payments, please phone us on 13 77 22 between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.

Tagged in: