In the year ahead, icare’s focus is to deliver better outcomes for the customers we serve and the communities we protect. We will achieve this by leveraging the infrastructure we have built and through the delivery of our strategy.
Our strategy for 2022
Our purpose is to protect, insure and care for the people, businesses and assets that make NSW great.
Our vision is to change the way people think about insurance and care by providing best-in-class services to people, businesses and communities.
We have two objectives for our strategy
- Customer-centric experiences. As the state’s social insurer, we are committed to delivering empathetic experiences and fair outcomes for the people and businesses we serve and the community we protect. We keep our customers at the centre of everything we do and actively use our capabilities, scale and influence to improve customer outcomes and experiences.
- Organisational performance and financial sustainability. We will continuously uplift operational efficiency, drive financial performance and ensure effective governance and risk management.
Our three strategic priorities are the critical outcomes that we will deliver for our customers.
- Delivering value and affordability. We will deliver valued insurance products and services that lead to injury and loss prevention and limit risk, resulting in more affordable and stable premiums and contributions for employers and the NSW Government.
- Improve injury outcomes. We will continue to support injured workers return to health and work through an effective claims operation and through improved management of individual cases, delivered in a financially sustainable way.
- Enhance quality-of-life outcomes. We will deliver greater independence and quality of life outcomes to those who have contracted a dust disease or who have been severely injured in the workplace or on our roads.
Our four enabling priorities are the things that we need to focus on as an organisation to deliver the outcomes effectively.
- Decision-making. We have the reporting, insights and infrastructure to enable high-quality strategic and operational decision-making that is timely and data-driven.
- Agility. We are a lean and agile organisation with the ability to continuously evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and stakeholders.
- Connectivity. Our people, processes, systems and data are seamlessly connected, allowing us to leverage our full capability, and identify and act on opportunities to improve outcomes for our customers and our organisation.
- Ecosystem influence. Our nuanced approach to influencing and partnering drives a collaborative approach to improving outcomes and experiences for the people and businesses we serve.