These principles are to:
- Benefit NSW workers with dust diseases and their families and contributes to a better quality of life for workers with dust diseases.
- Develop a better understanding of dust diseases in NSW, including epidemiology, to prevent the development of dust diseases among people at risk.
- Contribute to the effective administration and sustainability of the scheme.
- Provide funding for novel and innovative benchtop research, new treatments and pilot programs to improve health outcomes and quality of life.
- Support early stage innovations and ideas that can be turned into impact.
- Advance and accelerate the translation of research into policy and practice, delivering meaningful outcomes to workers.
- Foster collaboration to develop and broaden expertise and leverage investment to increase impact.
- Build capacity and capability, developing dust disease researchers of tomorrow.