Update your workers insurance policy

How to update the details on your workers insurance policy

To ensure your policy reflects your current business circumstances, get in touch and let us know about changes to your business over the course of your policy period. 

Our customer support team can be contacted on 13 44 22.

Update your address

If your business address or mailing address changes you need to let us know. This is relevant for any site where you have workers who are covered by your workers insurance policy. Call us to let us know the new details.

Update your wages

You need to declare your actual wages up to four months after your policy renewal and adjustments will be made to ensure you only pay premiums for the wages you have actually paid. If you need to update us with revised estimated wages you can call us at any time to let us know. Find out more about declaring wages.

Update your number of employees or apprentices

The number of workers and apprentices you have has an effect on the premium you pay. At the end of the the policy period you will need to confirm the number of workers and apprentices covered by the policy period. If this is different to the estimates provided adjustments will be made at the end of the policy period. Give us a call to discuss any changes that you want us to know about.

Update your WIC

If your business activity has changed you will need to let us know so we can update your Workers Insurance Classification (WIC). WICs are used to help calculate your premium to ensure that the cover provided matches your industry. You can find out more about WICs and how we calculate your premium by visiting the premium section of our site. If you need more details call our customer support team direct.

Update your business details including ABN

If your business name, trading name, ABN or ACN has changed you may need to be issued with a new policy to cover this new business if you are paying wages in New South Wales. You can find out whether you need a new policy by calling us or visiting our who needs a policy page.

Need to talk to us about an insolvency matter?

If your business circumstances have changed and you need to talk to us about insolvency, including liquidations, administrations or a Small Business Restructuring proposal for your policy, please reach out to us as soon as possible by emailing paymentservicesinsolvency@icare.nsw.gov.au.

Update payment details

You can pay any outstanding amounts any time by using our payment gateway. Just enter your policy number to see outstanding invoices and you can then proceed to pay them using a credit card. If you have, or would like to set up, a Direct Direct call us and we'll help set it up for you. You can find out more about payment options on our pay your premium page.

Update your bank details

As part of a faster payment initiative icare will shortly stop issuing refunds via cheque.

Call us now on 13 44 22 or use the web chat feature on this page to speak with our icare team who can update your policy with your bank details so we can process any future refunds quickly and securely.

Other updates

For any other updates please give our customer support team a call on 13 44 22.

Tagged in: