Apply for Dust Diseases Care
Making an application with Dust Diseases Care is easy – you can apply how you want, when you want.
Who is eligible?
If you’ve been exposed to harmful dust at a NSW workplace, you may be eligible for care or compensation.
You can apply for Dust Diseases Care as:
- a worker who has been diagnosed with a dust disease illness through employment at a NSW workplace
- a dependant of a deceased worker with a dust disease not receiving compensation at the time of their death
- an authorised representative (doctor, social worker, lawyer), family members or carers who are acting on behalf of a worker with dust disease.
Types of applications
There are two types of applications, depending on your circumstances:
- Request for medical examination: for people exposed to harmful dust at a NSW workplace (and no longer working in places where they're exposed to harmful dust). If you're still working in a dust environment, your employer has a responsibility to provide regular health monitoring.
- Application for compensation: for people diagnosed with a compensable disease that may have resulted from harmful dust at a NSW workplace.
How to apply
To lodge an application for compensation or request a medical examination, choose from one of the following ways to apply:
Our Dust Diseases Care portal is simple to use and allows you to apply 24/7.
If you need help with your application, you can request a callback at a time that’s convenient for you.Apply for dust disease care
How to use the Dust Disease Care online portalPlay this video for a step-by-step guide for the online portal application process.
Complete the relevant form (below) then email it to:
Call us during our operating hours, which are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Toll free: 1800 550 027
Complete the relevant form (below) and fax it to:
02 9279 1520
Application forms - Workers and authorised representatives
Application forms - Dependants and next of kin
Information fact sheets
- Applying for icare dust diseases workers compensation benefits 0.21 MB(pdf)
- Medical examination fact sheet 0.28 MB(pdf)
- Dust Diseases Care information sheet 0.11 MB(pdf)
- Dust Diseases Care privacy principles information sheet 0.06 MB(pdf)
- Understanding compensation benefits for dependants 0.21 MB(pdf)
- Dust Diseases Care proof of identity and dependency fact sheet 0.04 MB(pdf)
- Industrial history report information sheet 0.22 MB(pdf)