If you’ve been exposed to harmful dust at a NSW workplace, you may be eligible for care or compensation. Submit your online application to apply. You can request a callback to discuss your situation or get help with your application.
The video below gives a brief introduction to the application process. If you are ready to apply, follow the links below.
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for dust diseases care as:
- a worker who has been diagnosed with a dust disease illness through employment at a NSW workplace
- a family member on behalf of a worker with a dust disease
- a dependant of a deceased worker with a dust disease not receiving compensation at the time of their death
- an authorised representative (doctor, social worker, lawyer) for someone diagnosed with a dust disease.
How to apply
There are two ways you can apply depending on your circumstances:
- If you’ve been exposed to harmful dust at a NSW workplace, apply for a free medical examination.
- If you’ve been diagnosed with a compensable disease that may have resulted from harmful dust at a NSW workplace, apply for compensation.
Before we can provide you with support, we need to assess your eligibility for care. We make an assessment once we have all the information about your medical and employment history.
If you make a request for a medical examination or apply for compensation securely online, we’ll receive your details when you have registered your name and contact details. You can request a call-back for help with your application at a time that suits you.
You can also contact us by phone or complete the relevant printed application forms below.
Our operating hours are: 9am to 5pm, Mon – Fri.
Toll Free: 1800 550 027