Who is eligible?
If you’ve been exposed to harmful dust at a NSW workplace, you may be eligible for care or compensation.
You can apply for Dust Diseases Care as:
- a worker who has been diagnosed with a dust disease illness through employment at a NSW workplace
- a dependant of a deceased worker with a dust disease not receiving compensation at the time of their death
- an authorised representative (doctor, social worker, lawyer), family members or carers who are acting on behalf of a worker with dust disease.
Types of applications
There are two types of applications, depending on your circumstances:
- Request for medical examination: for people exposed to harmful dust at a NSW workplace (and no longer working in places where they're exposed to harmful dust). If you're still working in a dust environment, your employer has a responsibility to provide regular health monitoring.
- Application for compensation: for people diagnosed with a compensable disease that may have resulted from harmful dust at a NSW workplace.
How to apply
To lodge an application for compensation or request a medical examination, choose from one of the following ways to apply:
Our Dust Diseases Care portal is simple to use and allows you to apply 24/7.
If you need help with your application, you can request a callback at a time that’s convenient for you.