Feedback and complaints: Home Building Compensation Fund

Let's talk about it.

If you're unhappy about something or wish to make a complaint, talk to your Home Building Compensation Fund contact. They may be able to rectify your concerns immediately.

If you'd prefer, you can also use the complaints form, phone, post or email us using the details below:

Phone: 02 9216 3224


GPO Box 4052
Sydney NSW 2001

  • What help can I get to make a complaint?

    Your family member, friend or representative can talk to us on your behalf.

    You can also make a complaint in your preferred language. Let us know if you'd like to use an interpreter to speak to us or if you'd like any documents translated. You can also call Associated Translators and Linguists on (02) 9231 3288.

  • When will you respond to my complaint?

    We aim to resolve your complaint within five business days of receipt but if it's complex or we need more information from you, we'll provide you with the outcome within 15 business days.

    You can also give anonymous feedback; however, we won't be able to tell you the outcome of any action we have taken.

  • Who should I contact if I’m still unhappy?

    If you are not satisfied with the complaint outcome, let us know so we can escalate your complaint and resolve your concerns internally.

    Once we've reviewed the outcome, if you are not satisfied with how your complaint was managed, you can take your complaint to the State Insurance Regulatory Authority or the NSW Ombudsman.

    State Insurance Regulatory Authority

    NSW Ombudsman