Changing your eligibility

If you want to take on a project outside your eligibility profile, you need to apply for an eligibility profile change

As you develop your skills and capabilities as a builder, you may want to change your profile.

For example, you may wish to progress from building single dwellings to building multi-unit developments. Or you may wish to increase:

  • the number and/or value of projects that you have under construction at any given time
  • the maximum contract value for a construction type.

Apply for eligibility through a broker distributor

Approved broker distributors act as a builder's advocate in dealing with icare HBCF.

The broker distributor will check to see that complete and accurate information is submitted on your behalf. This will help icare HBCF to make a fully informed decision when undertaking its risk assessment of your application for HBC insurance eligibility.

You may also be granted eligibility upon the condition that you participate in the building contract review program (BCRP).

Building contract review program