icare CEO Vivek Bhatia today announced the 2016 finalists for the icare TMF (Treasury Managed Fund) Awards for Excellence which recognise the NSW public sector’s standout performers within a variety of risk management-related disciplines.
“Our goal is to put the customer at the centre of everything we do by driving stronger engagement through collaboration with NSW government employers,” Mr Bhatia said.
“The Award finalists are role models for both the public and private sector in implementing risk management strategies by pioneering new systems, processes and design.
“NSW government agencies are driving more risk-aware workplace cultures and introducing innovative ways of protecting the valuable people and assets of the NSW government and the community they serve.
“I’m incredibly proud to see the icare TMF Awards have become a prime opportunity for government agencies to share their experience and learnings in both preventive and post incident risk management.”
The 2016 icare TMF Awards include the following categories:
- Individual Achievement in Return-to-Work
- Framework & Systems Innovation
- Innovation in Process
- Innovation in Design
- Innovation in Reporting & Risk Intelligence
- People’s Choice Award
Mr Bhatia said the popular People’s Choice Award voted by guests in attendance will be a highlight of the Awards.
“Last year’s People’s Choice Award winner, the NSW Department of Education, built an industry-first standard for managing anaphylaxis in state schools. This remains a landmark achievement that has inspired others across the public sector,” Mr Bhatia said.
The icare TMF Awards will be announced on 8 November at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Guests at the 2016 icare TMF Awards will hear from international keynote speaker and Emergent CEO Holly Ransom, on how businesses can use creative strategies to deliver impactful business and culture change.
icare's 2016 TMF Awards for Excellence finalists
Individual achievement in return-to-work
- Janet Barry - NSW Health Pathology
- Nicole Ferrer - South Western Sydney LHD
- Chantelle Attard - South Western Sydney LHD
Framework and systems
- Central Coast Local Health District - Exercise Respect – Respecting your peers, patients and your community
- Corrective Services together with Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network - Smoke Free Correctional Centre Project
- Hunter New England Local Health District - Excellence – Using quality data & communications to reduce falls
- NSW Department of Education - First Aid in NSW Public Schools: A comprehensive risk management and organisational approach
- NSW Health partnering with EML and University of Sydney - The Work Injury Screening & Early Intervention (WISE) Study
- South Western Sydney Local Health District - Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework Development and Improvement
- Southern NSW Local Health District - A WHS Framework + Teamwork = Success
Innovation in process
- Fire & Rescue NSW - Heightening firefighter awareness and perception of risk of building structure collapse
- HealthShare NSW partnering with ErgoEnterprises - Innovating a participative ergonomics model to design a new fit-for-purpose trolley for NSW Health hospitals
- NSW Department of Education partnering with Ministry of Health and Headspace School Support - Responding to Student Suicide: A Support Program for Schools
- NSW Police Force partnering with EML - Moving better together: NSW Police Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Model
- Sydney Local Health District - SLHD Fire Identification Simulation Training Centre - Real emergency response
Innovation in design
- Fire & Rescue NSW partnering with EML and Black Dog Institute - Proactive and Early Intervention Approach to PTSD
- HealthShare NSW partnering with Improformance and KPMG - My Food Choice: Transformation of the patients’ meal experience
- NSW Department of Education - Preparing schools to respond to incidents: IMEX Simulation Training
- Sydney Local Health District - The Pitch - removing red tape, empowering staff, and driving a culture of innovation
Innovation in reporting & risk intelligence
- GIO partnering with Ministry of Health & the Central Coast Local Health District - Improving the quality and timeliness of information of potential Health Liability claims reported to GIO
- Sydney Local Health District - STARS - SLHD Targeted Activity & Reporting System