icare Foundation’s goal is to support innovations and organisations that address the biggest challenges facing the workers insurance scheme: preventing injury, improving recovery and enhancing quality of life.
Through the Injury Prevention in Construction (IPIC) investment call, the Foundation will be looking to support innovations that result in positive, healthy workplace cultures and systems that address the root causes of accidents and injury in construction.
Applications are now open.
The focus on the construction industry reflects its status as high-risk, with significantly higher physical injury claims when compared to other industry sectors. This is particularly true for young workers who are more likely to be injured.
The Foundation’s goal is to support innovations and organisations that can address at least one of these three challenges:
- How might we address individual factors that create unsafe behaviours and accidents in order to reduce injuries in young and inexperienced workers on construction sites?
- How might we address site (supervision and project) management factors that create unsafe behaviours and accidents in order to reduce injuries on construction sites?
- How might we address organisational factors (including workplace cultures and systems) that contribute to accidents and injury in construction?
A total funding pool of $3 million will be available to develop solutions for impact.
Open 22 July 2019 and are closing on 23 August 2019.
If you have an innovation that can address individual, organisational or industry level causes of injury in construction, then please send a quick ‘expression of interest’ email to email@example.com summarising in less than 250 words:
- Who your organisation is and what you do?
- What your idea is and how it will address the problem?
If we think you and your idea are a fit for the fund, we will then send you an application form which will provide you with a chance to explain your idea and capabilities in more detail.
This two-step process is a way to make the application process streamlined, efficient and easy for interested parties.
Please ensure you have submitted your completed application form by 23 August 2019.