Canterbury, Sydney NSWView in Google Map
"My interest working with children and adolescents started in the third year of my occupational therapy degree after completing my first paediatric placement. It was from this time on that I realised I wanted to work in the area of paediatric occupational therapy.
I have been very fortunate to work in a range of settings during my career. This has included a children’s hospital, special schools, and a range of not-for-profit organisations.
My experience includes providing services (therapy/case coordination) to children/adolescents with brain injuries, physical injuries/disabilities, complex medical needs, developmental disabilities and vision and hearing challenges.
I enjoy working in collaboration with children/adolescents, their families, and service providers to help achieve established goals. I take the time to listen and to get to know the individuals I work with so I can identify their priorities, what they enjoying doing and their strengths."
About Rebound Kids
"Rebound Kids is a specialised paediatric and youth case management service that works exclusively with children and young people to support their recovery following injury. All of our case managers have extensive experience in rehabilitation case management and are senior allied health professionals.
Once you’ve dealt with the immediate trauma of your child’s injury, you may ask, what’s next? The world of medical rehabilitation can seem a daunting and, at times, confusing process. It needn’t be ... our case managers will coordinate and oversee your child’s rehabilitation. Our job is to ensure that nothing is missed and all reasonable and necessary treatment, rehabilitation and care is provided. We ensure that your care providers have all the clinical information they need to make appropriate decisions about your child.
Why choose us?
- We know what the road ahead looks like and can help you navigate through new systems, treatment, rehabilitation and care. We are here to take some of the workload off your family.
- There can be a lot of new people involved in your child’s care. We are the central point you can turn to ask questions and provide feedback about your child’s progress.
- We have extensive experience working with schools (public, private and religious). We can support your child and school to ensure they have all of their needs met.
- We will help you choose the right health professionals to treat your child, and monitor their performance to ensure that your child is progressing to the best of their abilities. Doctors and therapists will change but we will be there as long as your child needs an active rehabilitation program.
- We will work with your child and family to identify goals that are meaningful and important to you.
- We have an in-depth knowledge about typical childhood/youth development and evidence-based treatments. We can direct you toward specialist assessments and treatment in a timely manner.
- We are friendly and approachable but most of all we get things done. We are proactive and responsive."