Kirkham, NSWView in Google Map
- "Occupational therapist with 24 years' clinical experience primarily in a community-based setting.
- Director and Principal occupational therapist of private practice since 2002.
Current roles include:
- Approved home modifications and Dispute Assessor for Lifetime Care since 2012.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs occupational therapy provider (since 2002) and NSW OT Adviser (since 2008).
- occupational therapy consultant to various government and non-government organisations.
- Aged Care Assessment and rehabilitation (both inpatient and outpatient therapy).
- Extensive knowledge of community based services and development of cooperative
relationships with providers to achieve client-centred goals.
- Excellent report writing and time management skills.
- Extensive experience and understanding of working with clients over a range of ages and disabilities such as brain injury, spinal cord injury and amputations.
Lifetime Care experience:
- Approved Home Modifications and Dispute Assessor
- Approved case manager
- Significant experience working with participants, their families, other service providers and the staff of Lifetime Care
- Good communication skills and the confidence to ask questions when unsure
- Sensitivity to individual participant needs including culture, language and disability specific needs
- Willingness to travel.
I feel I have developed a reputation as a therapist who is diligent and honest and who always strives to achieve the best outcome for the client."