Bowral, NSWView in Google Map
"I provide case management for children with traumatic brain injury or spinal injury; and for adults with traumatic brain injury, burns, spinal cord injury or amputations.
I have a psychology background with 15 years experience in both private and public sectors working with clients with varying disabilities. For the past 9 years I have been working with adults with traumatic brain injury and their families including Lifetime Care participants, CTP, Workers Insurance, self funded and non-compensable clients. I am also providing case management for clients with spinal injuries, amputations and burns. I have developed strong paediatric rehabilitation coordination skills during the past few years working with young clients and their families.
I have excellent case management skills developed from my role as a rehabilitation case manager both in my private practice and from working within multi-disciplinary teams across inpatient brain or spinal injury units to community settings. My role involves ongoing liaison with and coordination of therapists, medical and rehabilitation specialists, attendant care and vocational providers, schools, insurers and other external agencies. My clients can also have multiple orthopaedic injuries and comorbidities requiring strong, complex case management ability. I have a strong understanding of metropolitan vs rural service provision regarding access to service barriers.
I also have:
- A strong understanding of Lifetime Care guidelines, procedures and forms;
- FIM Accreditation, CANS and Care Needs Assessments;
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Sound knowledge of community integration, vocational and attendant care services and a solid understanding of appropriate and timely referrals;
- Extensive experience in community education regarding acquired brain injury and significant experience working with families and carers;
- Firm belief in the provision of holistic, person centred practice; and
- Personal experience in rural and remote living and therefore happy to travel."