Lane Cove, NSWView in Google Map
About Abby Watt
Abby graduated with a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy at Otago Polytechnic in Dunedin, New Zealand. She has a strong interest in the field of paediatrics, following in her mother’s footsteps, who also worked with children in an education setting. She is passionate about supporting children to achieve their best and facilitating their therapy/recovery process.
Abby has worked in various paediatric settings around the world in New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Australia and now works for Rebound Kids. Outside of work, Abby enjoys spending time with her family and exploring the great outdoors.
About Rebound Kids
"Rebound Kids is a specialised paediatric and youth case management service that works exclusively with children and young people to support their recovery following injury. All of our case managers have extensive experience in rehabilitation case management and are senior allied health professionals.
Once you’ve dealt with the immediate trauma of your child’s injury, you may ask, what’s next? The world of medical rehabilitation can seem a daunting and, at times, confusing process. It needn’t be. Our case managers will coordinate and oversee your child’s rehabilitation. Our job is to ensure that nothing is missed and all reasonable and necessary treatment, rehabilitation and care is provided. We ensure that your care providers have all the clinical information they need to make appropriate decisions about your child.
Why Choose Us?
- We know what the road ahead looks like and can help you navigate through new systems, treatment, rehabilitation and care. We are here to take some of the workload off your family.
- There can be a lot of new people involved in your child’s care. We are the central point you can turn to ask questions and provide feedback about your child’s progress.
- We have extensive experience working with schools. We can support your child and school to ensure they have all of their needs met.
- We'll help you choose the right health professionals to treat your child, and monitor their performance to ensure that your child is progressing to the best of their abilities. Doctors and therapists will change but we will be there as long as your child needs an active rehabilitation program.
- We'll work with your child and family to identify goals that are meaningful and important to you.
- We have an in-depth knowledge about typical child development and evidence based treatments. We can direct you toward specialist assessments and treatment in a timely manner.
- We are friendly and approachable but most of all we get things done.