As an icare provider, our primary focus is about caring for people by providing personalised care and support services that are beneficial to the individual and in the best interest of their lifetime well being.
Our service philosophy is based on the values that every person should be afforded the opportunity to define their own lifestyle requirements and create a pathway to achieving optimal physical health, independence and social inclusiveness.
As our services are provided in the home, our obligation is to ensure all care and services are provided by appropriately qualified, competent and reliable healthcare professionals in a safe and dignified manner.
Additionally, we ensure all clinical and attendant carers adhere to a code of conduct, which clearly outlines the expectations with regard to professional behaviour, confidentiality and personal presentation.
Our Care Coordinators are registered nurses, who oversee the daily delivery of the participant’s agreed lifestyle needs and ensure there is regular consultation and a monthly review of their lifetime plan and goals.
We acknowledge the importance of consultation, collaboration and coordination and are an advocate of the multidisciplinary approach and the inclusiveness of allied health service professionals in achieving optimal outcomes in care delivery.
Our comprehensive and integrated range of services are provided seven (7) days a week, including Public Holidays and include the following:
- Daily fundamental personal hygiene needs of showering/bathing, dressing, toileting, continence management and assistance with transferring and mobility.
- Daily assistance with routine household tasks of general tidying, cleaning, washing/laundering, changing bed linen, preparing meals and grocery shopping.
- The capability to provide suitable transport, which includes specialised wheelchair access transportation and escort to and from appointments, grocery shopping, as well as community activities and social outings.
- Extended care from one (1) hour to an entire day and if required overnight, whether it be for a single night or on a frequent and continuous 24 hour basis.
Clinical nursing care services by registered nurses, include:
- Wound care management e.g. post-surgery and positive pressure (VAC) dressing.
- PEG tube feeding/management and medication administration.
- Tracheostomy care and management.
- Bowel and Stoma care management.
- IDC and SPC care and management, including bladder care to minimise UTI infections.
- Administration and management of central venous access devices (CVAD), intravenous (IV) therapy, as well as Intramuscular (IMI) and Subcutaneous (SC) injections.
- Optimal pain management in keeping with current best practices.
- Providing assistance and support with recuperation and/or rehabilitation following discharge from hospital.
Northside Home Nursing and Community Care
Sydney Inner West, Sydney Lower and Upper North Shore, Sydney Northern Beaches, Sydney North West and Hills District
Greenhills Home Nursing and Community Care
Western Sydney, Blue Mountains, South Western Sydney, Wollondilly – Macarthur Region, Wingecarribee – Southern Highlands, Goulburn – Mulwaree Region