95 Turnbull Street, Hamilton South NSW 2303
We understand the issues faced by a person with an ABI and their family. We believe that brain injury is as unique as each individual, therefore supports should be just as individual and flexible. Headstart can assist with:
- day to day support to live more independently
- becoming more involved in the local community
The individual designs the types of service that makes a difference in their lives. Each person is linked with a “Co-worker” who helps to sort out options or ways to help achieve their goal as part of their overall Plan. The Co-worker gets to know them, their likes and dislikes, and what they want from life.
A person may wish to:
- redevelop their confidence and skills that make it easier to be part of community life
- make choices and decisions about life directions
- follow through with goals and ideas and make them happen
- be supported to live alone in their own home
- use services and facilities used by the rest of the community
- re-establish and expand social networks and friendships
Our approach is to provide supports and services that are flexible and innovative in meeting an individual’s needs.
Headstart ABI Service is an Accredited Attendant Care Agency under ACIS 2013, and has achieved Third Party Verification under the NSW Disability Service Standards 2012.
Cessnock, Dungog, MidCoast (south of Bulahdelah only), Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Muswellbrook (east of Muswellbrook only), Newcastle, Port Stephens, Singleton.