About Acquired Brain Injury Services
Acquired Brain Injury Services is a not-for-profit specialist service for people with an acquired brain injury (ABI/TBI) that has been operational for more than 30 years.
As a specialist service for acquired brain injury we understand the need for support to be tailored to our participants individual needs, to achieve and maintain the life they choose to live.
Our management team and support workers bring extensive experience and knowledge of working with people with an ABI/TBI.
Quality and commitment is at the forefront of our service delivery. We have achieved certification to Attendant Care Industry Standards (ACIS: 2013), Third Party verification to the NSW Disability Inclusion Act and Standards and we are a Registered Community Housing Provider.
Services we provide
- Attendant Care
- Support and assistance to achieve short term and long term goals by trained staff who undergo extensive background checks and mandatory training.
- A dedicated manager to ensure consistency and management of your program with support coordination.
- 24-hour operation with an on call facility for crisis management and emergencies.
- Electronic software systems that track our staff reporting on and off duty.
- Recreation activities for our participants to promote socialisation on an individual and group basis, including holidays.
- Specialist support accommodation (Bathurst)
- Two offices delivering services in Sydney metropolitan and regional areas of NSW.
- icare approved case management and occupational therapy services.
- National Disability Insurance Agency registered (NDIS) delivering services in attendant care, support coordination, therapy services and specialist disability accommodation (Bathurst).
- Registered Community Housing Provider.
- Sydney Inner, Sydney Outer, Sydney Surrounds
- Central West LGAs: Bathurst , Blayney, Cabonne, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange and Parkes
- Newcastle and all other areas of NSW considered.