icare’s role, together with our scheme agents and partners, is to guide and support employers and injured workers.
In New South Wales all employers are required to have a workers insurance policy and as an employer, you have a number of legislated rights and obligations within the scheme. Employers also have a role to support injured workers successfully return to sustainable work.
All NSW employers have a responsibility to:
- Obtain a workers insurance policy
- Deliver information to employees on injury prevention and workers insurance
- Document a return to work program
- Record work-related injuries or illness
- Notify their insurer of an injury and provide required information
- Participate in the development of a worker’s injury management plan
- Provide suitable work
- Assist with information to support liability determination and dispute resolution.