The icare Care and Service Excellence (CASE) Awards is an opportunity to recognise, celebrate and reward outstanding service delivery in the NSW workers compensation industry.
The awards showcase performance and innovation made to the compensation scheme by its stakeholders, including scheme agent case managers, service and rehabilitation provider case managers, workers compensation brokers and risk management providers.
icare’s CASE Award categories highlight:
- outstanding service and care by individuals, teams, and young professionals
- excellence and innovation injury management
- excellence in improving employer performance
- customer excellence
- lifetime achievement
Our categories vary slightly each year, though all award categories will continue to celebrate ongoing innovation and excellence.
“These awards are designed to recognise excellence in providing services to customers and in the process raise industry standards so that we create a better experience for those who are impacted by workplace injury, and improve the way we provide services.”
Who is eligible to enter
To be nominated for an award, you need to be:
- a current employee of a Workers Compensation Nominal Insurer Scheme Agent for at least six months prior to the awards ceremony
- NSW Self Insurance Corporation Claims Manager
- service and rehabilitation provider
- a workers compensation broker
- risk management provider.
Previous CASE Award winners are ineligible to enter this year’s icare CASE Awards with the same initiative/solution/contribution.
Sponsors and those representing an organisation on a judging panel are ineligible to enter the CASE Awards.
Tips on your nomination
The judges are interested in how your nominee meets the category criteria, so be sure to:
- Choose a nominee who has consistently met the category criteria
- Provide examples which demonstrate the nominee’s ability to meet the criteria, and inspire others to do the same
- Keep entries succinct, to the point and within character limits.
How the judging works
The judging panel will review each entry against the category assessment criteria.
The judging panel will be interested in examples of nominees who have consistently demonstrated outstanding performance and inspire or lead other to improve outcomes for workers, employers and other stakeholders.
After individual reviews have been completed, up to three (3) finalists in each category will be selected. From these finalists, the judging panel will then select a winner from each category.
The CASE Awards judging panel will be chaired by the Group Executive, Workers Insurance icare NSW as well as external representatives from the workers’ compensation industry.
The judging will be independent and all judges are bound by confidentiality.
Key dates for the awards
Here are the key dates for the 2018 icare CASE Awards:
- 1 August - nominations open and tickets on sale
- 14 September - nominations close
- 15 September - judging begins
- 27 September - finalists notified
- 13 November - CASE Awards 2018 Gala DinnerEntries will open mid-2018
Awards are presented to winners at the annual icare Care and Service Excellence Awards (CASE Awards) Gala Dinner.
Hosted by icare, the evening is a celebration of outstanding performance and innovation in the workers compensation industry across NSW. With over 500 guests, the CASE Awards is a must attend industry event.
Event details will be announced mid-2018.